Thank you for this game Siobhan O'Connor.
- Gardening. Watching seeds root and sprout is just as satisfying as receiving a package in the mail. I found an eHow tutorial on Youtube in the middle of the pandemic on sprout avocado seeds in dirt. I didn’t want to sprout avocado seeds in water with toothpicks because I am not that type of gardener. Growing avocado seeds has consumed me. The avocado plant I have now is now 15 inches tall. At the moment, have 14 avocado seeds planted at the moment. I’m waiting for them to sprout, one by one.
- Tonight, I went outside for a walk at night and I paused to look up at the moon and saw Mars. What a peaceful sight.
- I’m reading Oranges by John McPhee, which was intended to be a magazine story and ended up being a short book all about oranges. I stumbled upon this book on Libby in the middle of the night. It’s been a delight so far. This excerpt from the book had me reeling: “An orange grown in Florida usually has a thin and tightly fitting skin, and it is also heavy with juice. Californians say that if you want to eat a Florida orange you have to get into a bathtub first. California oranges are light in weight and have thick skins that break easily and come off in hunks. The flesh inside is marvelously sweet, and the segments almost separate themselves. In Florida, it is said that you can run over a California orange with a ten-ton truck and not even wet the pavement.”
- I love watching the hummingbirds come onto my porch. It takes me by surprise every time. It’s always a fleeting moment like all moments in life.
- Today I’m finding comfort in knowing that I’m not alone. I’m surrounded by love each and every day. In tough times, it often goes unnoticed.